New Christmas version 4.0-5286:
- Much faster single-pass (but geometric mode) stereoscopic 3D.
- Can add extra frames to bring games up to 75Hz.
- Disable culling with action replay codes in Wind Waker, Metroid 1 and 2, and a couple of other games.
- Helmet and all visors working in Metroid 1 and 2 (except perhaps Dark Visor) on DK2.
- Projection-shadow rendering now works properly in many games.
- Many render-to-texture effects are now 3D. and many other new features.
Special thanks to Cegli and Feilin and everyone who helped.
I highly recommend Metroid 1 and 2, and Wind Waker with this version. Make sure you enable the new Action Replay culling-disabling cheats before you start the game, these games are much more immersive without culling. And use the new VR options to increase it up to 75 FPS either with timewarp (stable) or rerendering the geometry (sometimes buggy).
Note that Asynchronous Timewarp is no longer working since SDK 0.4.3, but it never worked well anyway.
EDIT: You must have Oculus Runtime 0.4.4 installed, or you will get no Rift support! You must have Asynchronous Timewarp turned off, or you will get a black screen!